About San Antonio de Padua College (SAPC) Foundation, Inc.
Located south of Manila is the town of Pila in Laguna – Known for it’s rich history and well-presented historical structural designs.
Pila is the seat of the old Tagalog civilization, it is here where the San Antonio de Padua College (SAPC) was established in 1979 by a group of successful entrepreneurs and professionals who believed that poverty is not a hindrance to education. Thus, the institution was founded on a strong sense of corporate social responsibility of the founders.
The San Antonio de Padua College was named in honor of the patron saint of the town. Saint Anthony of Padua whose feast day falls on the 13th of June.
The school became San Antonio de Padua College Foundation, Inc. in the year 2002.
Over the years, SAPC has distinguished itself in academics, culture and the arts, sports and entrepreneurship. Some of it’s award-winning achievements are:
- National Essay Writing Contest
- Population Education
- Quiz Bee
- Jose P. Laurel Centennial Oratorical Contest recipient for three consecutive years of the Chief Girl Scout Award,
- Four-time volleyball Southern Tagalog Region Champion.
- Various Palarong Pambansa sports medals.
- National Regional and Division Awardee of Secondary Schools Press Conference contest
The school’s collegiate level achievements are:
- Overall Champion in Provincial Skills Olympics (CALABARZON)
- Overall Champion in Chefs on Parade
- Winner of the Accounting Quiz Bee
- Champion in the Cooking Challenge at the World Food Expo.
The school was founded and continues to be supported by the Figueroa Family of Makati and Pila together with other distinguished individuals who share in their belief and vision.
Its vision is to be the leading learning institution for families in Laguna, committed to providing them with the highest quality of education to best serve their community and country and to prepare them for the global challenges and opportunities of the future.
Board of Trustees
Chairman: Orlando P. Pena
Vice Chairman: Leonardo B. Figueroa
President: Elisa T. Martinez
Secretary: Amelia F. Angeles
Treasurer: Purificacion F. Tiongson
Juliana V. Figueroa
Liza F. Kravinsky
Dr. Kenneth T. Figueroa
Cecile F. Ortiz
Leonardo V. Figueroa Jr.
Isagarde Jose D. Angeles
Jaime F. Tiongson
Ma. Victoria A. Merca
Ma. Mimie M. Castillo